Monday, May 5, 2014

Meet My Character Blog Hop: Leila Sparro

It's a double dose of Blog Hops today! Mainly that's because I scheduled my earlier hop post on the wrong date, but that's okay... I think :/ 

Anyhow, the fabulously talented Karin Rita Gastreich tagged me for the Meet My Character Blog Hop and I'm excited to participate. 

For any of you who don't know Karin, her fantasy novels are absolutely amazing. I'm very picky about fantasy, and I don't try new authors very often, but you can't go wrong with the Eolyn Chronicles. You won't regret grabbing a copy of her books. 














Stop by Karin's blog to find out more about her books!

Now it's my turn. Let's find out more about Leila Sparro from Date Shark!

1. What is the name of my main character? Is he/she fictional or historical?

Leila Sparro is fictional, but she adores old film stars like Audrey Hepburn and Grace Kelly. Her frequently pessimistic attitude about life in general might make you think she wouldn't like movies like Holiday Inn or My Fair Lady, but she'll watch the classics over anything modern any day of the week. 

2. When and where is the story set?

Date Shark is set in modern day Chicago. Leila is fairly new to the area and still trying to navigate her way around the city. Luckily, she makes a few friends who are determined to help her explore a little more. 

3. What should we know about her?

Leila is smart and creative, but she has a hard time seeing her full potential. She knows she has a few talents, but stepping outside of what she knows she can do well isn't something she's comfortable with. Soon, she won't have a much of a choice, though. 

4. What is the personal goal of the character?

When Leila calls in Date Shark, Eli Walsh, her goal is to figure out what she's doing wrong when it comes to dating, but soon she realizes her goals are much deeper than that. Discovering what it means to truly love someone, to take a leap of faith and risk being hurt, becomes the real question. 

5. What is the main source of conflict, what messes up her life?

Hiring a dating coach is one thing, finding herself falling for him is something else entirely. Especially when Leila begins dating Luke, thanks to Eli's great coaching. Luke is wonderful and pushes her to explore life and not be afraid, but Eli could be everything she's always wanted. If she makes the wrong choice, it could mean losing them both forever. 

6. Is there a working title of this story and can we read more about it?

The final title is Date Shark, and it's the first book in this series. Book 2 is still untitled, but you can find out more about the series on my blog page

7. When can we expect the book to be published?

Date Shark will actually be available in paperback and ebook May 13th, 2014 from Limitless Publishing. I'm excited and super nervous for this release. It's my first book for grown ups!

Now, what fabulous authors should you check out next? 

No comments:

Post a Comment